Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cats got my heart

Someone once asked me how i could trust anyone who did not own a pet.  I smiled and replied, "He may not know he likes pets yet. But he will soon find out."
Another common question I get is how can anyone like cats. I always answer, "Don't knock owning any pet until you've really owned one."
In the recent past I have picked up three stray cats from the village where I live. The first stray cat to catch my heart is the one whom we fondly call Pepsi (after my youngest doggie, Cola). She was about to cross the giant street across ULTRA and I thought that if she did that she would get run over for sure.
I picked her up and brought her home. She has since been spayed and lives n her own little space in our house.
Dogs will be dogs so it seems to me that they can't wait for the day that they can chase her away.
Not going to happen. Pepsi has my heart wrapped in her cute paws.
We recently came upon another two kittens who were dumped in an empty lot. Since I am sucker for puppies or kittens crying -- they now have a little house in the garden. When they are better ( some skin problems n them) they will share the space of  Pepsi. They are called Jack and Jill.
Living with animals is a joy only those who have ever done it will understand -- and those who have never done it will only understand when they do.
 I wish everyone had a pet -- it would make us all a little more patient, a little more kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment